Questions & Answers
With a standard 3hp Variable Speed Pool Pump, Pool water sprays 45 feet+. Pressure does drop when engine cycles, then returns.
How many Gallons Per Minute of Pool Water do you get with a FireFighter1 Hose?
We've calculated about 80 GPM with a standard 3hp Variable Speed Pool Pump
How Much Water Does a Swimming Pool Have?
In ground swimming pools hold 10,000 - 40,000 Gallons of Pool Water. The average swimming pool has 25,000 Gallons of Valuable Pool Water available.
What do I do when the Water Level Drops Below Skimmer?
Preparing to Drain Pool & Turning off the Skimmer (Helpful YouTube)
1. Turn off your skimmer and you are set. Most pools now are designed to redirect flow to the bottom of the pool when you simply turn off the skimmer. Check out your pool set-up, and simply plan to turn the skimmer diverter valve, redirecting flow of water to the bottom drain, before the water level drops below the skimmer line.
2. Make sure you have a Float Valve Installed - Should be under your skimmer basket to redirect flow of water to the bottom of your swimming pool. All pool owners should have this valuable tool installed to protect your pool pump from intaking air. If the water level ever drops, it will hopefully save your pump and engine.
- ALTERNATE OPTION - Use your Vacuum line - Open the Diverter Valve that controls the pool vacuum. Then, close the return lines that normally send water back to the pool and/or the skimmer. (Some systems have two return lines: one that returns water directly to the pool and another to the skimmer.)
- ALTERNATE OPTION - Play it safe and plug a suction hose _ Use the inlet return line port under the skimmer basket, that reaches the lowest point of the pool.
What if Power is Turned Off or Out?
- FireFighter1 Systems are to be used while in safe proximity from fire to create defensible space when wildfire is a few miles away to protect property from flying embers AND/OR to put out an active property fire before it spreads and creates a wildfire.
- If the electricity has been turned off and evacuation orders in place, leave the property.
- Many of our customers have backup generators, solar with battery or other personal power resources to depend on if power does become a factor and it is safe to stay to protect your property.
IMPORTANT: Test the method you use and set up for your swimming pool, each system is different and PVC piping setup can be unique. Have the person responsible for maintenance help familiarize the FireFighter1 user with setup and best use practices. It is recommended to practice using your FireFighter1 hose when installed, and once a year before each fire season.